Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) (Atlanta, GA)
Research Engineer II, May 2016 - Present
- Conduct research into high performance data analysis software
- Technical lead of a multi-year strategic research initiative studying near real-time analysis of news articles and propaganda
- Contributed to DARPA proposal for modeling and simulation of social processes
- Research advisor to several students in Graduate and Undergraduate programs
- Developed a web application for personalized medicine at the hospital scale using Golang, Python, and PostgresDB deployed with Docker.
- Applied machine learning techniques to personalized medicine for predicting adverse patient outcomes presented in a real time Speech to Text physician facing web interface.
- Technical lead for submission to NIJ crime prediction challenge. Predicted crimes in Portland, OR using temporal and geographic features derived from crime statistics and GIS databases
Ionic Security (Atlanta, GA)
Data Scientist, Summer 2015
- Developed data analytics software.
- Designed a service oriented architecture for near real time analysis written in Go and Julia.
- Leveraged time series and network database technologies including Heka, InfluxDB, RabbitMQ, and ElasticSearch.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (Livermore, CA)
Institute for Scientific Computing Research Intern, Summer 2014
- Studied relationship between numerical accuracy of eigensolvers and solution quality of mincut graph partitioning.
- Developed very fast approximate eigensolvers for large graphs.
- Applied probabilistic reasoning to describe numerical computations.
- Presented results at LLNL poster session.
Center for Computing Sciences (Bowie, MD)
Conducted research into Malware structure and similarities
- Studied execution patterns of malicious programs.
- Developed clustering and methods for understanding the structure of malicious programs with graph analytics.
- Built a high performance distributed system for conducting these analyses with ZeroMQ communication.
Georgia Institute of Technology (Atlanta, GA)
Graduate Research Assistant, 2012 - 2016
- ASEE/NDSEG Fellowship 2013 - 2016
- Applied Mathematics
- Data Analysis
- Large Graph Analysis
- High Performance Computing
CNL Software (Indianapolis, IN)
Software Engineering Intern, Summer 2011
- Developed a program to analyze geo-location data for physical security of a building, and present real time data to management.
- C#/.Net Development